Claudia Briguglio is a registered architect, working as a Research Assistant and a PhD Candidate at Liverpool School of Architecture
Claudia has graduated from Universita’ degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria School of Architecture. Her design thesis examined landscape, urban and architectural regeneration on an industrial area that lies on the river Vesdre in Vervies, Belgium. She is working as research assistant with the ArCHIAM team since October 2015.
She has actively participated in international contests and competitions, working at different project scales. During her Erasmus+ placement in Brussels, she was involved in various design projects, from building refurbishments to social housing and urban planning.
During her professional experiences, she developed her interest in sustainable re-qualification of urban fabric in marginal environments.
Research, scholarly and professional interests
- Architectural and bioclimatic building design
- Building energy efficiency
- Landscape architecture, environmental urban regeneration and city planning
- Omani and Arabian vernacular architecture
- Indian modern and post-colonial architecture and urbanism
- University of Liverpool
- Universita’ degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria
Frederic Haesevoets Architecture
Areas of expertise
- Architectural History
- Social History